We believe that Employment Equity is the right response to help remove historical employment imbalances. The Employment Equity Act of 1998 is helping us to achieve an environment which is free from the discriminatory barriers of the past.
Employment Equity should facilitate access to training, career opportunities and promotion, particularly for designated groups. Through our employment equity initiatives, we will continue employing a diverse workforce that is efficient and competitive. We also view employment equity as a tool to help us achieve certain of our business objectives.
The successful implementation of Employment Equity is not negotiable, and all our managers are encouraged to commit themselves to achieving its objectives.
Our Employment Equity objectives are:
- To eliminate all forms of discrimination in the workplace, which are based on race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth.
- To redress any imbalances and injustices created by the policies and practices of unfair discrimination.
- To strive to ensure there are representatives at all occupational levels.
- To strive to ensure that appropriate employees from the designated groups have access to enhanced training and development opportunities within our business.
- To strive to ensure that our company’s demographics reflect the demographics of the country.
By embracing Employment Equity, we seek to be truly South African, living up to our commitment and ensuring that all policies and practices are in accordance with the Constitution of South Africa.